The client is one of the reputed IT Service providers in the African subcontinent with presence in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria and Rwanda.
The client wanted to develop and market a mobile survey system product which would enable mobile data acquisition from remote regions to the various market survey and non-government organizations in the African market.
Databazaar developed a mobile-based survey system. The survey system consisted of a survey designer, web based delivery mechanism and a mobile client which allows the field researchers to gather data from various survey participants. The system allows filed researchers to download new surveys to their PDAs over GPRS and perform a bulk update of the data back to the system. There are facilities for exporting the acquired data into various formats for the purpose of analytics.
• Microsoft Windows 2003 and Microsoft Windows Mobile 5
• IIS 6.0
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005
The benefits accrued to the client were:
• Innovative Mobile based product offering in the African market.
• Improvement in the business bottom line by being one of the early providers offering mobile based survey systems.
• Acquisition of newer customer base.