Databazaar.biz::Business Process Outsourcing::- BPO Services and Back Office Outsourcing - Overseas Contractors
Home
Profit Enhancement Solutions
An ISO 9001:2000 & ISO 27001 Company
 
  Business Standard
January 26th 2004

From:
http://www.business-standard.com/search/storypage_new.php?leftnm=lmnu9&leftindx=9&lselect=&autono=148535

Databazaar set to clock $25mm turnover

Our Bureau / Kolkata January, 26 2004

Databazaar.com, a five-year old, US-based $55 million unit set up by an Indian, Oney Seal, is all set to achieve a $25 million turnover in the very first year of operation as specialised hi-tech business process outsourcing company that will be operating out of Kolkata.

The Indian subsidiary of the Databazaar -- Databazaar India Ltd which till now has been operating as a back office outfit of the US company for in-house jobs is expanding to attract outsourcing jobs from the US.

The company intends to invest around $5,00,000 in two phases to set up a 500 sets outsourcing outfit that will take up jobs like insurance claim processing, accounting jobs, as well as other legal jobs.

Other jobs would also include data entry, rules-set processing, direct customer interface and expert knowledge services.

It also intends to take up BPO jobs like customer interaction services, finance & accounts services, payment services, industry administration services, HR processing Services, and supply chain.

"We have already bagged a few orders from US based clients for the BPO jobs that we intend to start in the next 20 days," explained the chairman of Databazaar.com while talking to Business Standard over a overseas telephonic conversation.

The strategy at Databazaar.biz, the outsourcing outfit, is to cater to middle rung companies, outside the Fortune 500 List.

"Until now only Fortune 500 companies with multinational experience have derived the benefit of establishing large operation centers overseas. But in today's economy, mid-sized and smaller US companies too have a crushing need to outsource. Having around five years experience of in-house outsourcing we now intend to cater to companies like ours and provide them competitive advantages," explained the managing director of Databazaar India, S P Mukherjee.

"We will be setting up 500 seats in two phases. In the first phase we will set up 200 sets over 3,500 square feet of space at an investment of $2,00,000. This is expected to be operational in from February 1. The second phase would be around a couple of days after we have initiated operations," Seal explained.

Databazaar.com is into vendoring of printer supplies, magnetic media, copier and fax supplies and other accessories.

The portal provides around 25 per cent of the companies revenues through e-commerce which has also been rated as one of the best portals in the US. The other 75 per cent of the companies business is through direct supplies to 25 countries.